Simão Sousa Week 1




March 13, the day it all started. Schools have closed and we still don't know when we can go back. For most people, it has been difficult to be at home, but for me not so much. 

Every day, before going to sleep, I pick up a small notebook and write some tasks to do and other hobbies to do the next day.

Among them, I can't miss a morning run and reading, of course. I don't know why, but I feel better and healthier when doing physical and mental exercises.

However, between these two tasks, sometimes I play computer games with my friends, sometimes I talk to them on the phone, because they are the ones who support us and we are already starting to miss each other  them. I also play with my dogs every day, as they make me great company and help me spend my time.

However, so much time at home without being able to go out makes me think about life, the goals I want to achieve and also the evolution of this virus. I pick up the computer and look for something related to it. In fact, before the end of the second term period, I did a work in English on the subject, Covid-19, and some news caught my attention, like the ones that talk about its origin...

While I am talking about the virus, I can admit that I become a little bit afraid. First, for just the number of cases / deaths in Portugal; it makes me immediately confused, not to mention Spain, Italy, USA...and these numbers make me feel afraid, because if, for example, my grandparents are infected, they will be at risk. Second, another fear is because my parents have a supermarket. They’re protecting themselves more because they work behind closed doors and people just give them a list of the things they want and they’ll get it. It makes me a little more relieved, but I still don't feel safe about security. All security is low.

All these facts make me feel more worried and stressed about what is happening to them and also sad that I can't be with my friends. When I talk to them or even in the classroom with our teachers over the Internet, it seems that we are all happy and that makes my day. I look forward to the start of classes on the Internet, but even more anxious for this global problem to end, so that we can all meet again.


Simão Sousa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diana Sousa Week 10

Alexandra Rebelo Week 10

Melissa Pocepicky Week 10