Patrick Fraga Week 1


Week #1

Dear Diary:
Hello, my name is Patrick, and due to covid-19 I am stuck at home, unable to go outside. Firstly, I thought it would be a quick thing,  about 1 or 2 weeks, but we  have been at home for over 1 month now and we are not sure when this problem will end.
Covid-19 is a virus that can be transmitted very easily through saliva. Its first appearance was in 1930 only in animals, but in 1960 a case appeared in a human. Covid-19 has already appeared in many cases in the 21st century, but in 2020 the virus spread in an uncontrolled manner, contributing to a worldwide pandemic. Because of this, most countries adopted a plan, so that people would not be contaminated, it is mainly keeping social isolation, staying at home. 
With of this, I had to entertain myself with something, so, most of the time I´ve been playing a game, called League of Legends, with my friends on a discord call, but I’ve also spent my time with my family, doing some activities, playing some board games, among others, going to my garden and doing some exercises outside, I play some football against the wall and some basket, we need to keep fit  ;) 
In this last month I kinda felt sad and “happy” about this situation:, I feel sad because I can’t go outside, I can’t do anything with my friends outside, like playing football, I feel like I’m arrested in a prison and I have no freedom, but I know that this is for the  sake of all, to keep covid-19 away from us;, on the other hand, I´m happy because I can go to bed late and wake up very late too, I have no worries about anything, I can play almost all day long, among other things. I know that many of us are very worried about their family; fortunately, Portugal is a country  which doesn’t have many cases of infected persons, but I hope the infected people will recover soon. My biggest worry about this whole thing is that my dad, who works in Switzerland, gets infected because he works in many places around his area, being more exposed to the virus.
I think the best thing we can do at the moment is just stay at home, following the orders from the Prime Minister and from the World Health Organization; if we keep calm about this situation nobody will be infected and everybody will stay safe. This virus will be defeated soon ( I hope º_º) and until there we can adapt the things that we do every day with this situation, for example, the 3rd school term will be online, using cameras,  a great example to have school without being at school.

So, I hope everyone keeps healthy and safe and in a twinkling of an eye this virus will be is gone.


  Patrick Fraga

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diana Sousa Week 10

Alexandra Rebelo Week 10

Melissa Pocepicky Week 10